Whether you’ve experienced one urinary tract infection (UTI)or have had too many to count, you know just how painful and irritating they can be. At their best, they’ll ruin your plans for the day and require a trip to the doctor. At their worst, the infection can spread and pose a greater risk to your overall health, and to make things worse, they can keep coming back.
According to Mayo Clinic, women have a greater risk of developing a UTI than men. It's just a fact. Risk factors specific to women for UTIs can include:
- Female anatomy. Women have shorter urethras than men, shortening the distance that bacteria need to travel toward the bladder.
- Sexual activity. Each new partner can increase your risk.
- Certain methods of birth control. Diaphragms may contribute to higher risk.
- Menopause. A decline in estrogen can create changes in the urinary tract, making your body more vulnerable.
Unfortunately, many women experience more than one UTI throughout their life. This may not be fair, but the good news is that prevention is possible. Try Mayo Clinic’s recommended steps to reduce your risk of UTIs:
- Drink plenty of water! Meeting your daily recommended fluids helps dilute your urine.
- Wipe front to back. This helps prevent bacteria from spreading to the urethra.
- Empty your bladder after sex to flush bacteria.
- Avoid feminine products like douches that can irritate your body.
If you’re looking for more ways to take your urinary tract health into your own hands, a supplement is also a great way to go. Checkable Urinary Tract Balance is designed as a cleanser to balance your urinary tract while providing the nutrients you need to promote a healthy bladder.
We use a combination of effective ingredients, including D-mannose, cranberry juice powder, hibiscus, and natural dandelion herb. Taking two capsules daily with food can help increase confidence and empower you to feel your best.
Life is too short to sit in a doctor’s office
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get valuable healthcare tips and tricks in your inbox!
Sign up now and unsubscribe anytime.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.