Are Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies Good for Digestive Health?Checkable Health
We Say, Go With Your Gut
You've probably heard about some of the great benefits of apple cider vinegar gummies and what they can do for you. But here are some interesting facts about how ACV gummies can aid in better digestive health.
Did you know that approximately 70% of your immune system is in your gut? That's right; your digestive system is basically in charge of protecting your whole self from foreign invaders like viruses, allergens, and infections and plays an integral role in your overall health. In many cases, health issues stem from gut issues or poor digestive issues that you may not even know about. But before you run out to call a gastroenterologist, we say start with some basic home remedies that can def do the trick.
We at Checkable have been touting apple cider vinegar as a natural cure-all home remedy with various healthful properties, including antimicrobial and antioxidant effects. We have already explained all of the wonderful health benefits of this homeopathic elixir, but we want to get to the belly of it all (literally) and share what apple cider vinegar can do for your digestive system and why apple cider vinegar gummies are so good for you.
Fun fact: According to research in the National Library of Medicine, it’s believed that vinegar was discovered accidentally due to letting the wine sit out for too long, which is where it gets its name from vin aigre (french for “sour wine”).
According to Harvard University research, studies have shown that the main ingredient in Apple Cider Vinegar, is “acetic acid can prevent fat deposition and improve their metabolism. The most widely quoted study of humans is a 2009 trial of 175 people who consumed a drink containing 0, 1, or 2 tablespoons daily. After three months, those who consumed vinegar had modest weight loss and lower triglyceride levels.” Another study found that consumption of the drink promoted feeling fuller after eating. And a more recent study “randomly assigned 39 study subjects to follow a restricted calorie diet with apple cider vinegar or a restricted calorie diet without apple cider vinegar for 12 weeks. While both groups lost weight, the apple cider vinegar group lost more.”
It's More Than Gut Instincts, ACV Is Good For You
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is a liquid made from fermented apple juice mixed with yeast and "good" bacteria that eventually becomes vinegar, an acetic acid. The bacteria, often called the mother, consists of strands of proteins, enzymes, and friendly bacteria responsible for all health benefits. Apple cider vinegar gummies offer even more added benefits without the harsh side effects.
A healthy guy usually means you have plenty of good bacteria in your stomach, which aids in the digestion and absorption of nutrients from the yummy food you eat. A healthy gut properly rids the body of toxins and gets you going. Essentially, poor gut health results from having too many bad bacteria in your gut and not enough of the good stuff. Typically, the bad stuff causes stomach issues like gas, bloating, constipation, etc. The stomach naturally produces acid for digestion, which kills harmful bacteria; however, the production process slows down as we age, leading to low stomach acid. Just one more fun fact to look forward to. This is where apple cider vinegar is integral in supporting a healthy gut. Apple cider vinegar may help raise stomach acid levels to aid digestion. The acetic acid in ACV is an excellent booster for digestion and your overall metabolism. (It's also responsible for weight loss and lowering blood sugar levels.) Here are some of the benefits of apple cider vinegar for good gut health.
- Bloating and Digestion: Apple Cider Vinegar has been promoted to help with bloating, which is usually caused by low stomach acid or constipation. Many believe that the acetic acid in apple cider vinegar aids in the digestion of protein-rich foods by adding more acid to the stomach. Bonus: some believe ACV can also be used as a natural laxative and home remedy for mild constipation.
- Reflux: Acid reflux is commonly caused due to low stomach acid production, not excess. A lack of adequate stomach acid can result in poor digestion, food fermentation, and gas production. Supporting the stomach with additional acid from apple cider vinegar will balance everything out and hopefully cause less reflux.
- Anti-bacterial: The acetic acid found in vinegar has antimicrobial properties, aiding in good digestive health. The natural probiotics (friendly bacteria) and antioxidants found in apple cider vinegar may help fight off harmful bacteria, strengthening your gut health and overall immune system.
- Gut Inflammation: Like some of the other gut benefits, Apple Cider Vinegar helps prevent the overgrowth of bad bacteria, in turn, prevents and reduces gut inflammation. Research suggests that vinegar reduces inflammation in the colon and suppresses proteins that trigger the immune system's inflammatory response.
The best way to incorporate apple cider vinegar into your health routine is to eat Checkable Apple Cider Vinegar gummies. Taking ACV in gummy form reduces any potential side effects that all liquid vinegar has, like tooth erosion and burning of the throat. Our ACV gummies are good for you and offer the perfect dose in one serving. Plus, they happen to taste great!
Life is too short to sit in a doctor’s office
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get valuable healthcare tips and tricks in your inbox!
Sign up now and unsubscribe anytime.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.