Top Reasons Why Collagen Supplements are Essential This WinterCheckable Health
Winter is finally coming; that means boots, sledding, holiday parties, presents, good food, family, and vacations (in no particular order). It may be the most wonderful time of the year, but if you live in a cool climate, your skin might not think so. As winter approaches, cold temperatures, indoor heaters, wind, and low humidity can wreak havoc on your skin, hair, and nails. Your soft, dewy summer skin will become dry and itchy, your lips will be chapped, and your hair will become brittle. Now is the time to prepare your skin, hair, and nails with a boost from collagen supplements to help you fight winter elements from the inside out. As Elsa says, "The cold never bothered me anyway."
How Collagen Works
You may think that collagen is just used for anti-aging purposes, and while that is true, collagen offers amazing benefits at any age. Collagen is a type of protein in our body that serves as the main component of connective tissues that make up skin, tendons, ligaments, and muscles. As we age, our body's natural production of collagen declines. Consuming collagen supplements can help provide your body with the required amino acids needed to enhance collagen production naturally and boost collagen levels. When collagen is digested orally, it adds moisture and elasticity to the skin by increasing the fibroblasts. Plus, collagen can also improve joint mobility, muscle mass, heart health, and gut health, which can all help build immunity and ward off winter colds. Creams can't do all of that.
What Collagen Can Do For Your Winter Skin
- Fight dryness: Winter skin is prone to dryness, flaking, and itchiness. Collagen supplements can increase the skin's water retention and add hydration.
- Improves skin texture: Collagen helps improve the skin's elasticity which helps with cracking and rough patches.
- Helps your hands and nails: Rough hands and brittle nails are also winter conditions. Collagen peptides not only add moisture to the skin, but they boost nail growth and increase strength for less breakage.
- Helps winter hair: The cold temps, wind, and hats can also leave your hair dry and lackluster. Collagen may help strengthen hair naturally by providing added proteins, the building blocks for keratin.
- Aids in weight loss: We all indulge every holiday season, so putting on a couple of extra pounds is normal. Collagen can aid in weight loss and may promote a faster metabolism with a healthy lifestyle and diet.
- Improves digestion: Yes, this is an all-season benefit, but digestion is vital for good skin health. Collagen helps to absorb nutrients better, which helps improve your complexion all around.
So, don't let the cold weather bring you down. Make collagen supplements an important part of your winter skincare regimen to restore moisture where it's needed most. When it comes to choosing a great collagen product, there are several things to consider, including the type of proteins, how many, and its source. Checkable's Glow & Grow Collagen Complex was expertly formulated with the perfect blend of Type I, II, III, V, and X collagen proteins. Made from bovine, chicken, eggshell, and marine sources, our collagen supplements deliver a full range of collagen that stimulates your body to produce more naturally and slow down the body's aging process. Along with plenty of hydration, a healthy diet, and exercise, collagen supplements will help keep your body looking and feeling its best this winter.
Life is too short to sit in a doctor’s office
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get valuable healthcare tips and tricks in your inbox!
Sign up now and unsubscribe anytime.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.