Top Health Benefits Of Ashwagandha That All Men Should Know AboutCheckable Health
More T, Energy, Muscles – Oh My!
You may have already heard a bit about Ashwagandha or have seen it on the shelves but are not sure what it’s for. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is an evergreen herb native to Southern Asia and North Africa. Also referred to as "Indian Ginseng" and "Winter cherry," Ashwagandha has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine (the traditional system of medicine in India.)
This herbal cure-all is jam-packed with many health benefits, including decreasing stress & anxiety, increasing energy & mental clarity, and improving overall mood. But what many people do not know is all of the amazing things it can do for men. Backed by years of research, men can reap all the benefits of ashwagandha from head to toe. Studies find that ashwagandha can help with energy, performance, and libido in and out of the bedroom. Yes, please.
Top health benefits of Ashwagandha that all men should know about
- Increases Testosterone: Testosterone is a hormone that is associated with s*x drive, but it also improves the way men store fat in the body, bone, muscle mass, and sperm production. Ashwagandha has been shown to boost testosterone levels in men. In one study, healthy men who took ashwagandha extract for eight weeks showed significant changes in testosterone levels, improved vitality, and lower fatigue. Taking ashwagandha showed an 18% greater increase in DHEA-S, a hormone involved in testosterone production.
- Improves Fertility in Men: That's right, ashwagandha may also provide reproductive benefits for men. Studies have shown that infertile men who took the health supplement significantly improved sperm quality by leveling reproductive hormone levels. It also showed increased sperm concentration, semen volume, and sperm motility in men with low sperm count.
- Boosts Athletic Performance: Research suggests that ashwagandha may have beneficial effects on athletic performance in males. One study shows that male athletes who took Ashwagandha daily had enhanced physical performance and significantly increased maximum oxygen consumption (VO2 max) in healthy adult men.
- Increases Muscle Mass: Research is continually being done to study Ashwagandha's efficacy in improving strength and muscle size. One study found that male participants who took ashwagandha daily experienced increased speed and strength. At the same time, another group showed increased muscle power and size in the arms, chest, and legs. It also showed a significant reduction in body fat percentage and cholesterol levels.
- Lowers Heart Disease & Stress: Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men in the Us. Because ashwagandha increases VO2 max and lowers cortisol, the stress hormone, there is a lower risk of heart disease. High cortisol levels can negatively impact testosterone production, which explains why stress can affect your libido, energy, weight gain, and mood. Ashwagandha also has anti-inflammatory properties, which is often linked over time to heart disease, diabetes, and arthritis.
- Enhanced S*xual Arousal: Research findings show that ashwagandha is particularly helpful in boosting men's sexual health. The root extract of this woody plant is said to boost testosterone levels, lower stress, and act as an aphrodisiac to increase sexual arousal. Because of this rise (pun intended), it is also said to help with erectile dysfunction.
The name ashwagandha translates to "smell of the horse," which refers to the herb's potential to increase strength and vitality. It’s no wonder why people call it the happy pill, especially with all of its benefits. Checkable's Stress Less Ashwagandha supplements are made of a proprietary blend of ashwagandha + Black Pepper for stress relief and mental clarity. We use 1300 mg of natural organic ashwagandha root and 10 mg of organic black pepper to help the body absorb and get the full effect of the ashwagandha. When taken daily, this wonder plant should have men feeling better, stronger, and all-around healthier from head to the tip. (Again, pun intended.)
Life is too short to sit in a doctor’s office
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get valuable healthcare tips and tricks in your inbox!
Sign up now and unsubscribe anytime.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.