Growing up is hard. Adulting is even harder. Aging, well, that tops the cake. Frown lines, thinning hair, stiff joints – it all stinks. We all want to find the fountain of youth and keep our skin and bodies looking and feeling their best. But what are you doing to reach those goals? What if we told you there is a pill for that? Well, there is, sort of.
You may have heard of or have products made with collagen. Did you know that collagen is the most abundant protein in your body? It's true, but as we age, we produce less and less of it. Collagen is responsible for keeping your skin hydrated (meaning fewer wrinkles) and for keeping your bones & joints healthy. Collagen supplements are a great way to boost your declining natural production, and it offers many benefits that appeal to both women and men.
What to Look For in Collagen Supplements
Store shelves are inundated with products that claim to make you look and feel young again, but not all collagen supplements are made equally. When it comes to choosing a great collagen product, there are several things to consider, including the type of proteins, how many, and its source. Checkable's Glow & Grow Collagen supplement was expertly formulated with the perfect blend of Type I, II, III, V, and X collagen proteins from bovine, chicken, eggshell, and marine sources to deliver a full range of collagen that stimulates your body to produce more naturally. The result lets you feel better, recover faster, and look your best.
Who Would Benefit From Collagen Supplements?
This is not a trick question, but the answer is everyone over the age of 30 years old. Typically, the decline begins in your 30's and 40's, so it's best to be proactive. Here are some things this wonder protein can do.
Collagen Benefits for Women:
- Strengthens hair and nails: Collagen may help them grow longer without breakage. New moms love collagen supplements for the added boost of hair growth, as hair loss is a common issue postpartum.
- Post-menopausal: Women can benefit from collagen's ability to help balance hormones as well as its ability to improve bone loss, which declines as we age.
- Weight loss: Collagen can aid in weight loss and may promote a faster metabolism in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle and diet.
- Improves skin health: Collagen is known to improve skin elasticity and strength and smooths wrinkles, which is why it is well-known in beauty products.
Collagen Benefits for Men:
In addition to all of that, here are some added benefits.
- Building muscle and strength: Collagen delivers eight essential amino acids that can contribute to increased muscle mass and strength. Athletes can benefit from faster recovery from workouts and training.
- Maintains joint health: Studies show that adding a collagen supplement to your diet strengthens cartilage and can significantly improve physical function, joint mobility, and pain associated with arthritis or osteoarthritis.
- Healthy hair: Hair thinning is common for most men, but collagen may help strengthen hair naturally by adding proteins, the building blocks for keratin.
- Gut health: Studies show that adding collagen to your diet may aid in digestive-related conditions like IBS and constipation.
- Promotes heart health: Heart disease is most common in men, and collagen provides structure to your arteries and the blood vessels that carry blood from your heart to the rest of your body.
- Skin: Men age too. Men do care about their skin, although they may not express it. Collagen can help boost skin firmness, elasticity, and hydration.
Sound too good to be true? Well, science doesn’t lie. Collagen peptides are the building blocks needed to make new collagen. When we take a daily collagen supplement, we restore collagen levels in the body. It usually takes at least eight weeks of supplementing with collagen daily before noticing the benefits, but we promise it is worth the wait.
Life is too short to sit in a doctor’s office
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get valuable healthcare tips and tricks in your inbox!
Sign up now and unsubscribe anytime.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.