How Checkable’s UTI Prevention Supplements Really Work to Get You Some ReliefCheckable Health
Urinary tract infections may be considered common and relatively minor, but if you've ever had a UTI, you also know they are an incredible pain in the booty. Well, the vagina, actually. We at Checkable refer to UTIs as Unbelievable, Totally, Inconvenient – along with a few other adjectives. While antibiotics help cure the infection, there are a few “old wives’ tales” that have been circling for years on how to prevent them, such as drinking cranberry juice and douching; I’ve even heard about using cinnamon suppositories. But the truth is, neither of those actually works. Don’t fret, there are UTI prevention supplements available that can help lessen the symptoms and prevent future occurrences.
If you’re one of the many people in the world that does experience recurrent UTIs, you may want to seek natural and alternative solutions to antibiotics and avoid excessive exposure. Checkable's Urinary Tract Balance supplement is just that. They provide urinary tract and bladder health support in one powerful dose. Basically, these capsules were designed to keep you feeling your best down there and everywhere in between.
Facts about UTIs
- Urinary tract infections are one of the most common types of bacterial infections worldwide.
- It’s estimated that over 150 million people contract UTIs annually.
- E. coli is the most common type of bacteria to cause UTIs.
- Anyone can develop a UTI, but women are 30 times more likely to get them than men.
- Approximately 40% of women will experience a UTI at some point in their lives.
- UTIs are most prevalent among sexually active women and women over 65, and the risk increases with age.
Commonly Reported Symptoms of a UTI include:
A burning sensation when you urinate
A strong urge to urinate often, yet only pass a small amount each time
Urine looks cloudy or may contain blood
Urine has a strong odor
Lower back or lower abdomen pain
Pressure in the lower abdomen
Chills, nausea, and/or vomiting
If you have any of these symptoms, there is a good chance you have a UTI. Antibiotics are needed to kill the bacteria, so it is essential that you seek help if you believe you have one. At-home UTI tests can help distinguish if bacteria are present. If left untreated, UTI complications can cause more dangerous conditions, including bladder infections, kidney infections, and even sepsis.
Here is how the ingredients of our UTI prevention supplements actually workOur lab techs created the perfect formula for urinary health using a combination of the most effective science-based ingredients. Each capsule contains the perfect dose of D-Mannose, Cranberry Juice Powder, Hibiscus, and natural Dandelion herb. Here is a breakdown of the ingredients in Urinary Tract Balance and what they actually can do for you and your bladder.
- D-Mannose For UTI Prevention: D-Mannose is a natural, simple sugar and carbohydrate, like glucose, found in apples, oranges, peaches, legumes, blueberries, and cranberries. D-Mannose has been linked to UTI prevention for decades but has quickly gained popularity for treating and preventing UTIs. Research indicates that when D-Mannose is digested, it travels to the urinary tract, where E. coli bacteria (most commonly found in UTIs) could also live. D- Mannose creates a slippery coating that prevents bacteria from sticking to the bladder walls. The E. coli can then easily be flushed from your system during urination instead of sticking around and multiplying. D-Mannose helps break the biofilm that bacteria create so it can leave your body. There have been many studies that indicate its success, with no harsh side effects. Studies suggest that D-mannose may be an effective alternative to antibiotics or a complementary remedy to prevent recurrent UTIs. Research also indicates that D-mannose reduces the severity of UTI symptoms and helps balance vaginal pH.
- Cranberries For UTIs: Cranberries are full of antioxidants and are a great source of vitamins C, B, and E. These tiny berries pack a punch of health benefits from reducing heart disease and lowering cholesterol. There is also evidence that cranberries can help prevent UTIs from happening. In a study published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, cranberry capsules lowered the risk of UTIs by 50%. There are two theories of how cranberries can help prevent UTIs.
- Theory 1: Cranberries contain a substance called proanthocyanidins (PACS). This chemical compound gives fruit or flowers their vibrant colors. PACS was initially studied for cancer prevention. Ultimately, researchers found that they create a slippery coating on the urinary tract walls preventing bacteria from sticking to it. This makes it easier to flush away bacteria after urinating. D-Mannose is in cranberries, hence the correlation.
- Theory 2: Cranberries are relatively acidic (same pH as lemons), making urine more acidic. This slows or prevents bacteria like E. coli from growing. With that said, maybe it is a bit of both. However, cranberry juice will not help. The amount of cranberries needed to prevent bacterial growth is an extremely large concentration. That is why our supplements contain a high concentration of cranberry juice powder.
- Hibiscus For UTI Prevention: Hibiscus is a colorful, flowering plant used for centuries for medicinal purposes. Hibiscus contains anthocyanins, pigments that give the flowers their vibrant red color. It also has flavonoids, phenolic acids, and organic acids, which are antioxidants. Antioxidants help protect your body from free radicals, which can cause cellular damage known as oxidative stress. Evidence shows that Hibiscus sabdariffa, a flower extract, prevents bacteria from adhering to the linings of the urinary tract and bladder wall, much like cranberries. Hibiscus may exhibit antimicrobial and bactericidal (bacteria-killing) properties comparable to antibiotics. The flavonoids present in hibiscus also prevent the growth of E. coli, therefore reducing the risk of UTI.
- Dandelion For UTI Prevention: Dandelion is a flowering herb that is used for various infections, including UTIs. Dandelion contains chemicals that may decrease swelling, increase urine production, and prevent crystals from forming in the urine that could lead to urinary tract infections. Dandelion contains an enzyme that can eliminate certain bacteria, such as E. coli. Dandelion also acts as a diuretic, which helps flush bacteria out of the body.
Together, this potent blend of effective ingredients helps cleanse the biofilm that sticks to the bladder walls of your urinary tract. This keeps them strong and infection-free. Whether you seek support to ward off chronic UTIs or just looking to keep your parts working at their best, we've got you from the belly button down. Along with our UTI supplements and staying hydrated, check out our guide to help prevent UTIs from making them a thing of the past!
By Ali Kessler
Life is too short to sit in a doctor’s office
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get valuable healthcare tips and tricks in your inbox!
Sign up now and unsubscribe anytime.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.