Yummy Alcohol-Free Holiday Cocktail RecipesCheckable Health
Here’s how to make the perfect rich and creamy eggnog every time, thanks to our friends at Delish:
• 2 cups milk
• 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
• 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
• 6 large egg yolks
• 1/2 c. granulated sugar
• 1 c. heavy cream
• Whipped cream for serving
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla, and slowly bring the mixture to a low boil.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar until yolks are pale in color. Slowly add hot milk mixture to egg yolks in batches to temper the eggs and whisk until combined.
3. Return mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat until slightly thick (and coats the back of a spoon) but does not boil.(If using a candy thermometer, the mixture should reach 160°.)
4. When ready to serve, garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon.
Festive punch that is so easy to mix together; it takes 5 minutes and can be served at any time of the day! Shoutout to Emilie at Finding Zest for the quick recipe.
• 2 cups Simply Orange® Pulp Free orange juice
• 1 cup grapefruit juice
• 1 cup pomegranate juice
• 1 bottle (25.4 oz) sparkling white grape juice(or champagne)
• Orange slices, grapefruit slices, pomegranate seeds, and rosemary for garnish (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large pitcher.
2. Serve immediately.
Do you or a friend have a followed diet? Check out this protein mocha. It’s gluten-free and paleo! Juli from Paleo MG gives us this yummy must-try recipe.
• 1 cup of chilled coffee
• 1 cup almond milk
• 1 scoop chocolate Primal Fuel
• 1 heaping tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon raw honey
• 5 drops of stevia (optional)
• 5-6 mint leaves
• Extra mint leaves, to garnish
• 1 cup of ice cubes
1. Place all ingredients (except garnishing mint leaves and ice cubes) in a blender and blend until well blended. You want to make sure that there are no chunky mint leaves remaining.
2. Place ice into two cups, pour mocha mixture into the cups, and garnish with mint leaves (and cute straws, obviously!).
Thanks to Emily Han from The Kitchn for this refreshing beverage! In-season oranges give the right amount of tartness. This is so easy to make before a holiday party.
• 2 lemons
• 2 oranges
• 4 4-inch sprigs of fresh rosemary
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup honey
• Soda water
• Rosemary and lemon for garnish (optional)
1. Peel off thick strips of zest from 1 lemon.
2. Juice the lemons and oranges into a liquid measuring cup – you should have about 1 cup of juice. Top off with water if necessary to make 1 cup.
3. Combine zest, juice, rosemary, sugar, and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugars.
4. Remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes. Strain, discard solids, and let the syrup cool completely.
5. To serve, fill an 8-ounce glass halfway with ice cubes, add 2-3 tablespoons syrup, fill with soda water, and stir. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and/or lemon slices, if desired.
Make sure to tag us and the author of the recipe you use on social media if you recreate any of these refreshing and cozy holiday drinks! Cheers!
Life is too short to sit in a doctor’s office
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get valuable healthcare tips and tricks in your inbox!
Sign up now and unsubscribe anytime.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.